Followers

Friday, March 23, 2007

OREO MUFFINS



This is a recipe which I copied from Sis Rossya's FP. However, typically me, always try to experience something new and make some changes to the original recipe. Hopefully nothing goes wrong heheh. Well......, as long as the end result/product doesn't end up in the waste bin!!! OK perrr... So here its is:

OREO MUFFINS
1 ¾ all-purpose flour ( I used 225 gm Top flour )
¼ cup sugar ( I used 60 gm )
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/3 cup butter or margarine ( I used 80 gm butter )
1 cup milk ( I used 230 ml milk )
1 egg
16 OREO chocolate sandwich cookies, coarsely chopped ( I used 12 pcs )
50g white chocolate chopped
50g dark chocolate chopped ( I used 50 gm choc chips as dark choc not available )

I added :
60 gm chopped pecan and walnuts ( some were used fr deco on the muffins top )
10 Van Houten choc neaps ( chopped into smaller pcs & sprinkle over the muffins top )

Method
Mix flour, sugar and baking powder in medium bowl. Cut in the butter until mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Blend milk and egg in a small bowl. Stir into flour mixture. Gently stir in chopped cookies and chopped white/ dark chocolate. Finally, add in the chopped nuts and stir. Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin trays. Sprinkle with more chopped chocolates. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until toothpick inserted near centres comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack for 5 minutes. Remove from pan, cool slightly.



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kita dah try dah resipi Kak Rossya ni, long long time ago, cuma lom up je. Tapi since kita ni species lurus bendul, so tak de ler alter alter mekup mekap bagi lawa cam bro punya...

BR said...

Heheh, biar lerr muffin saya tu bergaya dpn kamera mama. Bila lagi nak posing ..... :)