Followers

Thursday, April 19, 2007

CHEESE, CHOCOLATE & CURRY BUNS

Yesterday, baked some buns/bread for breakfast and brought some to office to share with colleagues. This morning too, in between watching the English Premier League's football match between Chelsea & West Ham Utd, I started kneading the dough for yet again....bread/buns! Unlike yesterday when I sought the help of my trusted Kenwood mixer using the dough hook - (btw, I have yet to buy a Bread Machine/Maker); today, I used my two bare hands (it's been a long time since I used my hands to knead! ) to prepare the dough. I knead it for abt 8-10 minutes. My daughters love them so much! Here are some pics of the end-results.

CHEESE BREAD :
Using Basic Bread Recipe
http://rozzan.blogspot.com/2007/04/aneka-bun.html




CHOCOLATE BUNS
I used a recipe which I obtained from some website. My apologies coz I could not remember whose recipe it is. But its similar to a basic sweet bun recipe.



CHOCOLATE BUNS
Ingredients A :
500 gm bread flour (I used 250 gm bread flr, 250 gm Hong Kong flr)
30 gm milk powder
20 gm cocoa powder (I used 30 gm-just to make it darker)
100 gm caster sugar
11 gm dried yeast (1 sachet)
1 whole egg

I added :
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp bread improver
1/2 tsp bread softerner
some golden & black raisins

Ingredients B :
250 ml water
80 gm margarine (I used butter)

Method :
1. Mix well ingredients A.
2. Add in water and knead to form a soft dough.
3. Add in butter and knead again till dough is soft and elastic.
4. Divide the dough into 50 gm balls each.
5. Shape the dough to your liking.
6. Leave them to prove till double in size (abt 30 -40 mins)
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180 degree celsius till golden brown (abt 15- 20 mins)
8. Once out of the oven, brush buns with butter.






CURRY BUNS
I used BASIC BREAD RECIPE & the filling normally used for curry puff/epok-epok.



No comments: