Muffins - there are aplenty of recipes available. I've seen many of my blogger frenz did their muffins, with different flavours too! I noticed the difference between cakes and muffins is that in muffins, oil is used or preferred instead of butter. A healthy choice too if you use corn, canola or olive oil. I actually did a simple Muffin based on a recipe in Chef Anuar's cook book. However, I made some modifications to suit my taste bud.
Here's the original recipe and the modifications I made in bracket.
150 ml minyak (I used canola olive oil)
150 ml susu segar
150 gm gula kaster
100 gm telur (size of abt 2 small eggs)
sedikit esen pisang (I used 1 tsp vanilli instead)
250 gm tepung gandum (I used multi-purpose flour)
15 gm serbuk penaik (I used 1 tsp baking powder)
80 gm pisang masak yg dilecek
Additional Ingredients I Added :
50 gm cream cheese (diced or pinch into small cubes or pieces)
80 gm hazelnuts/walnuts
60 gm of banana (diced)
50 gm chocolate bar (diced)
1) Campur minyak bersama susu segar, gula kaster, telur dan vanilli. Kacau hingga sebati.
2) Masukkan tepung yg telah diayak bersama baking powder. Kacau lagi hingga rata.
3) Masukkan pisang lecek dan kacau.
4) Akhir sekali, masukkan cream cheese, hazelnut/walnut dan diced banana. Gaul rata.
5) Tuangkan adunan muffin ke dalam acuan muffin atau cupcakes dan bubuh diced chocolate di atasnya.
6) Bakar selama lebih kurang 25- 30 minit sehingga masak dgn suhu abt 180 - 190 darjah Celsius.
My observations : This muffin will taste even better if a little salt is added in order to bring out the flavour and aroma. I'll definitely will put a pinch of salt in my next tryst.